Tuesday, February 14, 2006

happy valentines/birthday party

Happy Valentines to everyone especially rachel. I had a really good birthday a bunch of us went out and had Pique macho and drank bolivian beer. I had one especially for you tanner!! and at only 1 dollar for a liter I think I had one for quite a few of ya´ll. But that was sat. night and we have a curfew for the first three weeks until 10 but then it is 12. so on sun we hiked to the top of El christo which is 450 stairs up and it is the tallest statue of christ in the world and is also a beautiful view of the city. It is also bolivian culture to break an egg on your head and then smear flour into it. so i think i might bring back some culture to the states. me and my family had a good dinner that night and then my 13 year old sister went and bought beer for us and we all drank beer after dinner. I wish it was still like that in the states. so that was cool to drink a little with my family.
Well graham it was good to hear that you are bein as lazy as possible and not doin a damn thing with your 13 semesters of school and just blowin all your money. I knew i had faith in you on some things. You know you are so goin back to your parents and then probably goin back to school for a few more years. You need to tell me what the hell you have been doin for a month out in cali.
Thankya´ll jeremy and jessie singin me happy birthday it was oh so sweet. Ya´ll would super love this place it is so gorgous and the natural resource group went up to the top of the mountain yesterday and it was beautiful. we are workin with erosion control right now. It is so much fun!!
Well happy valentines day and talk to ya´ll later

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

baby...your the best...

February 14, 2006 6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jonathan
Glad to hear you had a nice birthday party. Talked to Rachel yesterday and we are trying to figure out phone cards. I got a different one this time. Maybe it will work better. Things are better at home. Bob and I were pretty down after Keisha. That was really hard to do. I know time will make it better. I still miss her even though I know she is out of pain now. The kids were wild yesterday for Valentines. Thank goodness that is over. It is 65 today and very nice. The forecast is for more snow on Monday. Maybe it will come on Monday this time and I can miss a day of school. Talk to you later. Love you, MOM Oh forgot pray for Tim Doss. He had a heart attack. Don't know his condition yet.

February 15, 2006 1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey big boy.....good to hear from ya...sounds like you're gettin settled in. Hope you're far from the flooding we're hearing about there. Sounds like you're in a beautiful area...you'll have to tell us more of the culture. About as warm here as it is there :-)

Take care

jim

February 16, 2006 9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wassup Sledge!! Happy Belated Birthday! I actually had a moment of free time for once to get caught up on what you're up to in Bolivia. Sounds like you're having an awesome time and really learning a ton of new things. I bet it's pretty exciting, although I'm not so sure about the cow tongue--people eat that here in New York too. Anyway, just wanted to say hello. Hope all is well, and I'm looking forward to reading more posts.....

Your friend,
Jagdeep

February 16, 2006 11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jonathan,
We have another relative moving to Virginia. Brad got an invitation to join the medical school at Tech. He and Katie will be coming in March to look for a place to live and to look for her a job. It will be nice to have them here. They will still be here when you return. Hope you have had a good week. Miss you and love you, MOM

February 16, 2006 8:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

happy birthday ya codpiece; i saw that bolivia just elected an indian president, so maybe you aren't in as much jeopardy as could be. take tons of pictures, and as soon as i get a job and can afford to make copies of mine, i'll send you what i have (don't hold your breath)

February 16, 2006 8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY!!! I just figured this web site out, sorry it's been so long. It sounds so wonderful where you are, I wish I could hug your neck right now! Things are good in The Ham just very busy right now with school and the wedding. Do you have a digital camera, if so can you post pictures on this site for all to see? I'm curious to see what it looks like there and what your family is like. We miss you so much! Tomarrow April, Hanke, and I are going to Hotlanta to hear some good music. I'll make sure we have a toast in your name, I love you very much, stay safe and have as much fun as possible. mazzibojangles

February 17, 2006 7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feliz Cumpleanos a ti Feliz Cumpleanos a ti Feliz Cumpleanos a ti, Feliz Cumpleanos a ti!!!!!!!!

Hola muchacho!!! Muy pronto vamos a poder communicarnos en espanol!!!! Vas a estar mejor que mi!!! Ok anyway, I am so glad you are having fun in Bolivia!!! Stacy Heer is going to South America soon too, maybe she can come visit. I would like to come visit you too, but I need to save the dinero primero. I broke my ankle the other day. I don't know how b/c I was really drunk, so no more Liquor for Hanke!!!! Anyway once this heals I am getting my life together and I am going on a trip to visit my amigos en SurAmerica!!! Toma una cerveza para mi!!!
Love,
Hanke

February 18, 2006 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home