Wednesday, May 10, 2006

i´ve been told to write more

So here it is, Generally i get up around 7:30 and and not really wanting to, i get off of my straw mattress and go see if i have water today. Then if i have water, it smells like rotten eggs. Now if I want to take a shower, which i generally don´t, I have two pitfalls I have to watch out for. Both of these deal with an electric shower head that heats the water. If I try and adjust my shower head and haven´t turned off the power then guess what, I´m electrocuted and that feels midly like an electric fence, but remember I am completely wet. The second thing i have to remember is to turn off the power to my electric shower head when I turn my single faucet off. Somehow the electricity travels through the pipes and to the faucet handle. So after i walk into the bathroom and decide yet again to not take a shower, then i dress, eat a banana, and walk to my office which is thankfully only 10 blocks. During my walk i encounter all sorts of obstacles. Ususally cows, chickens, and dogs and all the poop that they leave on the street. I used to think it weird a dog shit on the street but lots of ideas i had, have been shattered by coming here. Then I go to my office and try my best to follow what anybody is saying, and then throw in my own two bits that i have pre thought out before i actually say it. I have no problem down here speaking before i think about what i am about to say. Sometimes I go to meetings and other times I study spanish. Then comes 12 o´clock and it is time for my three hour siesta, I go and scrouge up whatever I have in the kitchen and eat and then go lay in bed and take a nap and read a book. Around two i wake up and do Yoga which i have recently started. It is actually alot of fun and I happen to have lots of time on my hand so laugh as you will but i like it. Then around three or 4 I have spanish class with Roxanna. Then we just sit around and talk about whatever and she corrects my spanish. Usually I drink a bottle of 1 dollar wine because i have found alchohol helps out my Spanish. Now don´t think I am an alchoholic, because my tolerance is so high that a bottle generally doesn´t get me drunk. Then i usually cook dinner and sometimes another Bolivian come over named Peter and we all hang out and chat. Then if I´m lucky Rachel calls me and i get to catch up with her. But rachel, valerie, and my mom are all real good at calling so it keeps me sane. Then at night i usually Play Soduku and then read until 10. Then take a big whiff of straw and go to sleep hopefully sleeping the whole night. But generally Roosters wake me up around 4:30. Then sometimes the routine starts again. But then again here in Bolivia nothing is routine, because the people won´t allow it.

19 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hooray, i'm the first one to post a comment here; it's pretty great having a job where i can blog while i'm on the clock--yes, my friends, the salary is quite possibly the greatest thing that has ever existed. i'm glad to know that there's poop everywhere; that's pretty cool. i know you hate shoes, but could you wear rubber shower slippers to avoid electriction? think man--i know they make sandals out of old tires down there--make something happen. in fact, if you make me a pair of old-tire sandals, i'll send you enough money to buy yourself a conservative bottle of wine. we think about you a lot here in the states man, but at least we know you won't have to see hilary run in '08; which reminds me...check out my myspace page and look at the picture newton posted. holla, indian

May 10, 2006 5:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that's electicution, not electriction; when i start a techno band it will be called electriction (and I will the the leader of the band, AKA DJ ravyballz)

May 10, 2006 5:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i'm a tard. the work i am vehemently trying to type is electrocution.

May 10, 2006 5:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

how many of these can i write?

May 10, 2006 5:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

at least 4

May 10, 2006 5:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

make that 5

May 10, 2006 5:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

no, 6

May 10, 2006 5:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow, this is totally tits

May 10, 2006 5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jonathan,
I went to get more phone cards so I could call again. You sure are expensive. I think I would rather have you home and feed you once a week. I started to try out your mower. The self-propel broke on mine and I'm not stronge enough to go up that hill without it. Bob would let me try yours though. I'm going to call a guy to come mow this once until my mower is fixed. Don't forget Sunday is Mother's Day. Don't worry Val got you a gift. (Actually I've already tried it on.) She also said you would be responsible for the next several years when you return. Do I need to try to talk her out of that. I'm sure Rachel will be around to help you pick out something. Talk to you later. Love you, MOM

May 10, 2006 8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was an excellant account of your day...mine is far less interesting. I get to go to dinner with ur mom val ben and bob, i'm happy i get to spend it with ur family...i'm sorry i didn't call tonite but i was runnin garound trying to spring clean...i got allofmy stuff and my moms stufffrom the attic of mydadshouse...going throuhg it has been a task. i wish you were here and i love you more than u know!!!

May 10, 2006 9:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

how do i call you?

May 11, 2006 4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's not a bad life. The siesta has always sounded like a good idea to me and you confirm it. Don't get electrocuted. That was an awsome blog and it is good to hear how you are doing. I'm just done with exams, so I'm not typing anymore.

Bob

May 12, 2006 12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's up slim poppa! Damn man i have not even had time to talk to my own momma for the last month. These clinical rotations are killing me. The vet school is using us for slaves! SLAVES I TELL YOU! I have been on small animal rotations for the last two months. All of the small animal rotations are indoors. Every day the walls get closer AND CLOSER together and the ceiling gets lower AND LOWER and I get worse and worse PMS! It is hard to remember sometimes that this is a means to an end. My next rotation is food animal theriogenology aka COW SEX!! I am almost 100% sure that I want to do large animal medicine or surgery. Jessie has been working so hard. She is one of the small animal Student Residents and has a lot of responsibilities. I am one of the large animal Student Residents so we don't get to chill together very often. But oddly enough it makes the time we do get together that much better. Hey, did you ever get that horse? I agree the siesta needs to be enacted here in the states. there would probably be alot less suicides and gastric ulcers. But you know us Americans, we must work work work. Which I feel is fine if you are doing something productive for your family or community or friends but if you are simply making some huge company a lot of money while your mind rots away and you get paid minimum wage then what kind of life is that (sounds kinda like what Graham might like, actually). Oh yeah, Jessie's mom has come down with a disease of her tendons and musscles. It is a painful disease called P.M.R. I haven't had time to read about it but she was hurting so badly that she could hardly walk to her car and now she is on steroids and seems to be feeling better just thought you might want to send one up for her. Well buddy I love you man. Sounds like you are having a blast. I know you are missing everyone but as soon as you get back you are probably going to miss all of your new friends and the Bolivian way of life so keep on rollin'. We'll be here when your get back. Jessie and I both miss you a lot buddy--see ya

May 12, 2006 9:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

somebody tell jeremy this is a blog, not an online novel-testing site.

May 15, 2006 2:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

and i hate corporate america, ass

May 15, 2006 2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea!! me too!!

May 15, 2006 5:20 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

preach on brothers. I think you are singin to the choir. But then again i think most of ya´ll work for corporate america- sledge

May 16, 2006 10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

baby have fun in santa cruz and call me when you can..love you

May 18, 2006 6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You still need to write more on this thing -- Your depriving me of one of the highlights of my day. Come on.

May 24, 2006 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home