Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Workin

Hey ya´ll, everything is going pretty good down here. It´s sad but we already had two volunteers leave from my group. They are leaving to go back home on Fri. They felt this just wasn´t right for them. So that was best for them. But it still sucks i will miss them terribly. We spent three months as a very tight group. But anyways, today was a pretty sad day for me because me and my counterpart are trying to save this gorgeous tree inside a plaza. They want to build school buildings there and cut the tree down. The tree is 100 years old. My office is offering alternatives to cutting it down. One alt. is me. they know this is what i do for a living. So we are offering pruning suggestions and i will climb it and prune the proper limbs. but they called us today and we went out to the site and they told us that they were going to cut it down. Which i might possibly do also. 100 years to grow and ten minutes to kill. Que triste! but there is another tree that i think we will save that i might prune. But to answer jagdeeps inquiries. A lot of change is going on down here and it is real exciting to be apart of it. I can not express my own opinion about these things because we are a non-political org. and this is a public blog so any body can see it. But what basically happened is Evo sent the military to take over the gas companies. He is going to nationalize Bolilivias natural resources so they are not privately owned. this way more money comes to Bolivia and doesn´t leave the country. Eventually nationalizing all of Bolivia´s natural resources. Tom. there is a meeting with the presidents from all surrounding countries. It is very interesting. And to make anybody that is worried about this feel better, i will say peace corp has been calling me to see if everything is all right at my site because we have a refinery about 5 kilometers away from our city. But everything is normal here and i haven´t seen any problems or even the presence of the military around Villa montes. But it is all very interesting to see the drastic changes going on in this country! But if CNN tells ya´ll something is goin on down here that i need to know about please call me. But I hope all is well with everyone. Thanks for keepin up with me.
If lindsay from SC reads this i hope all is well with you and that your baby is coming along fine. tell me how things come out...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is good to hear that everything is going well. When I saw that Bolivia was nationalizing its natural resources it concerned me about your safety. Keep up the good work and hang in there. Jimmie Johnson won the race on Monday since it got rained out on Sunday. Little E blew his engine with 35 laps to go. At least Gordon didn't win. You are doing something that is making a difference in people's lives and I'm very proud of you. I hope to give you a call soon.

Love
Dad

May 04, 2006 7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us posted on your safety. I hope the second tree works out better for you. Please keep us posted on the political situation with nationalizaiton as much as you can. I would rather hear from you than Arraon Cooper 360 or whatever. Hang in there, it sounds like you are getting to do some very interesting work. I look forward to what you send next.

Bob

May 04, 2006 3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jonathan,
You know you can come home anytime things start to even look out of control. Moms are suppose to worry. I'm counting the days until I'm done at school. I leave in the morning to go to DC to see Val. We are going shopping. Guessing you want Val to buy your mother's day gift. Saw Rachel tonight. She and her brothers are staying at the house for me. I know she will take care of Zephy. She really has become a calmer dog. I know you miss her. Talk to you later. Love you, MOM

May 05, 2006 7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jonathan! This was the first time I visited your page. I'm glad to hear things are going well for you! It all sounds quite interesting! Well Rach and I figured how to three-way call the other day, so that was the excitement of my week, haha. Oh, and I got a puppy...Sabo has yet to meet her, but I'm hoping it'll happen soon! But I miss ya and love ya very much kido!!!

May 06, 2006 12:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yo man; if it weren't so true, i'd call you a stinky tree-hugger. i hope you saved gaya though. I'm the freaking quality control manager at the master distribution center for Cummins Diesel. if you've ever seen a product made by cummins, it came through this facility. it's pretty incredible to go from the stoner-party-college guy to the stoner-party-manager that tells about 600 memphricans what to do; and let me tell you, they don't call memphis memphrica because of all the white south africans like dave matthews that live here; no sir, this town is blacker than the jack of spades.

May 09, 2006 11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey baby..i think you should update this thing...your kinda SLACKING. i can't wait to tell you about all the new toys i inherited..but ill call you tonight..love you

May 10, 2006 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home