Thursday, May 25, 2006

never drink pure alchohol when they say it is tequila


So i guess you are wondering what this title means. Well i thought it was pretty strightforward. But here is what happened the other night. I went with another volunteer that lives here in villamonte to one of his friends house. They were actually people from holland, so we spoke in english. So some of the guys i work with called me to see if i wanted to to come over and drink some tequila. so i decided to go over there later that night. Because one i get to practice my spanish and two get to drink tequila with some guys i work with. So i go over there around 12:30 and hang out. Well sure enough not a drop of tequila was in that house. Instead there is puro. Which is pure alchohol and they mix it with water. It wasn´t all that bad. But the stuff has a way of creeping up on you. So we hung out and talked about some projects that i wanted to start up. Mainly recycling here in town as a way to bring in money for poorer folks. But slowly and surely my spanish turned to something very unintelligible. so i decided it was time to walk home. When i got home i really wanted to drunk dial Rachel but at three in the morning AT&T would not allow me to recharge my card. So unfortunately Rachel didn´t get to here my lovely voice while she was still sleeping. So then my alarm is set for 8 so i can go to work. This is where the real fun began. I decide there is no way that I am going to work. Not that i had a hangover, but you have to remember that was pure alchohol and as i said it creeps up on you. So needless to say i was still drunk and felt like something was wrong with me. I called in saying i was sick. Which i did get sick but it was because they mixed it with the water and well now i might have some parasites or intestinal problems. So i never threw up but i slept in till 4 in the afternoon! I never ate till 8 at night and then went to sleep and slept another 12 hours. So that was it. Never drink pure alchohol when they say it is tequila.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn. That sounds nasty. Nice picture though. I hope you do not have any parasites, but if you do name them, it makes them seem more like pets. I hope you have recovered. Good to hear form you and I look forward to the next post.

May 25, 2006 9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in the South again. At a wedding. It should be exciting...

I'm sorry to hear about your stomach issues--I just assumed you could eat or drink anything that Sabo could. After all, you can't let your dog beat you.

I think Bob is right on--name the parasites. They become friendlier then. And remember: Peace Corps has amazing health insurance.

Valerie, in case you get this before Jon-boy has a chance to respond, his email is treeclmbr150 and a Yahoo account.

"My feet are weary, but my soul is rested." Mother Pollard

May 26, 2006 8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jonathan,
You have lost some weight. You are looking good. Glad to know you won't be drinking any more alcohol. Bob is due in sometime today. He has already missed two flights. Good to talk to you last night. Love you, MOM

May 26, 2006 1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm glad to see you posted again...i've been trying to call you, i guess your busy or something...don't worry i'll try again soon on my way to tech in about an hour..work has been going real slow...i miss you & i LOVE you

May 26, 2006 3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dude, haven´t talked to you in forever. Wish I could have made it to the despedida but Luke told me all the highlights - mainly you falling in the stream, oh and batman. I got my first taste of puro last sunday myself, luckily it was mixed with fresh cow milk and sugar, and luckily I didn´t get sick from that. Hope to see you soon, take care!

Erin

May 26, 2006 3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you have worms crawling out of your butt?

May 30, 2006 9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow Jeremy. you sure do have a way with words! haha....

You know, Sledge, I think pure alcohol & ANYTHING is probably a bad idea--let alone parasite-infested water. I'm going to side with Bob here and suggest that you do name them. I think the first one should be called Itchy.

Hope you're having fun down there!

-Jagdeep

May 30, 2006 10:01 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

definitely the first one is itchy and can you guess what the second one is named?

May 31, 2006 5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home