Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Found a new hobby


Yeah that´s right the president came to Villamonte to join in a parade we had. I have now seen Bill Clinton and Evo Morales. Although I don´t remeber seeing Bill Clinton because Me and Jeremy ( Mom doesn´t know this story in highschool yet) decided to stay the night with his cousin at the Birmingham southern campus. We ended up drinking a whole bottle of Vodka very fast. I won´t say how fast. But let´s say after 15 minutes the vodka tasted like water. So i don´t remeber much of the night except when i puked outside of devinci´s pizza in Homewood and jeremy told me it was the most beautiful vomit he had ever seen. Well needless to say we laid out on the grass listening to Clinton the next day. Anyway, this parade was pretty cool, there were mixed emotions about Evo just like there are in every country. But overall it was alot of fun.
Well I have found a new past time. I went fishing this weekend with some guys i work with. We did not use fishing poles and that is what made it tremendously fun. All you do is use a hand line. I was immediatley converted to this technique and plan on never changing. You can feel everything going on in the line. The water moving by, the undercurrents and the river bottom. Then you pull that fish in with sheer muscle. I was worn out after this. The catfish are huge down here. The biggest was atleast 7 inches long! I ended up catching 5 catfish. Yeah we got catfish down here. We didn´t cook ém up this time but we are going next sat. and i am going to bring a frying pan, oil, eggs, and flour. Whip us up some fried catfish. Never thought this moment would ever happen.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bludgeoned, stabbed and dumped days depicted her violent death in his song In February, Macaos banking regulators the cruise. about a possible cash infusion from

June 20, 2006 5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sledge,

Sounds like a good technique. The fishing with only a line is interesting also, and the volume of fish is nearly that of the vodka you drank. I do remeber that story. Fried catfish, I gues that is what they mean by cultural exchange. I have to admit, that is one of the best things they could get from someone form Alabama. What was the parade for? Nice picture anyway. I am going to see Mr. booker on Friday and I will be sure to inform him of your exploits. Keep having fun. I look forward to your next post.

Bob

June 21, 2006 1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude you got to see Evo??! That's crazy!! He just nationalized one of the railroads I follow yesterday. So did you get to meet him? Maybe he might be interested in some fresh, hand-caught Bolivian fried catfish. Make sure you get the Lousiana spicy batter!

June 21, 2006 2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Jonathan
As the years pass I guess I will hear more and more about your many advertures of life. Glad I didn't know about all of them while you were young. Sounds like the fishing is another adverture for you. Teach them how to make some of our foods. Talk to you later. Love you, MOM

June 27, 2006 10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you. I'm back in the States after my first European tour. I'll write about it later and hit you with an email, but I wanted to let you know that I was alive, well, and in one piece. I've also learned not to tour a whiskey distillery (Jameson's) before going to a brewing company (Guiness). I've especially learned not to volunteer on such tours.

I also read a lot. I now have new books for you. ;)

Keep smiling,
-Michael

June 29, 2006 5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you think brian is pouting??? haha baby i love to hear about your adventures but i miss you terribly and can't wait for you to come home...have lots of fun...a month....love you

July 04, 2006 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home