Friday, June 02, 2006

Goin on a bike ride

Well here is another picture valerie. I truly loved your poem. You should quit your job and start writing poems about me. I think you could make a good living. If you can´t tell in any of these pictures I have lost some weight i think around 20 pounds. But it was a much needed 20 pounds to lose. I weighed in at 210 when i came here. I feel a lot healthier too. Peace corp is a great weight loss program due to all the lovely ways you can get sick. Which i must say i don´t get sick that often especially now that i cook for myself. The parasites haven´t popped out to have a look yet so i think i killed them with that puro alchohol. Lord knows it did a hurtin on me. So to tell you what i have been doin down here so ya´ll think i am tryin to do some good. Right now I am trying to work with a woman named Cira and start a recycling project for the city so some less then fortunate women can make a little bit of dough. I hope to start visiting some of the schools to start Eco-clubs. But i have been told that almost all eco-clubs fail. But i am going to try anyway. Also in two weeks i will start teaching some english classes for about 6 kids. As for my real job in the morning, with the desk and all, I don´t do that much and I am not very happy about it all. I have been mandated professional phoographer. I recieved this because I have a digital camera. It makes me wonder what i would be doing there if i hadn´t of brought my camera. But next mon. I am going to talk to my boss about this and tell him that this is not the reason I joined Peace corp. But besides that I have made some pretty good friends. One guy is Johnny and he is real cool. I work with him to plant grass, we are about to build a soccer field. But that is pretty much my work for right now.
So the reason this is titled goin on a bike ride is because erin, another volunteer 10 km away, and I are going to ride 90km tomorrow. It should take around 8-9 hours depending on if my bike breaks down. I just bought this bike last week and within two days the damn pedal fell off, my tires are completely out of wack and the tools to tighten my spokes don´t exist. Oh yeah the name of my bike, ¨THE HURRICANE¨, that is what is written on the side of it. So erin and i are going to leave tommorow morning about 8 and hopefully arrive around 5. I really can´t wait, it is pretty flat most of the way there, so it shouldn´t be too long but i am bringing extra money in case we have to get a taxi. So that is a little of what is happening. I hope everyone is doing wonderful. Bob how are you doin brother, send me your e-mail address so i can write you some. You seem to have tons of schoolin goin on right now. But i miss you all and love most of you, just kidding i love you all. ciao- sledge

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jonathan,
Loved Val's poem, too. Hope she does as well at her accounting which is what she is paid to do. Don't think she should quit her day job yet. Three more days and I will be a free woman. Not sure if Bob can handle that or not. Bob and I are enjoying a few drinks tonight and catching up on your writings. We will have one for you. Have a great bike ride today. Love you, Mom and Bob

June 03, 2006 7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha...val's greaaaat! it was good to talk to you yesterday-i pretty much fell asleep as soon as we got off the phone, i have no idea when josh and neszca left. i'm still waiting on my post, if you know what i meaaan...

but anywaz...yeah...home...:-)

June 05, 2006 7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sledge,

My e-mail address is elliott4161@netzero.net or bsellio3@law.ua.edu.

I am out of school for the summer and working for a lawyer and a professor. I just wrote this long comment, but it would not post and now I must get back to work. Shoot me an e-mail sometime and I will make sure to respond. I look forward to your next post and may post another comment to fill you in on what the rest of the family is doing. I hope you have returned safetly from your bike trip -- you know how dangerous those bikes can be to future generations.

Bob

June 08, 2006 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home