Wednesday, July 19, 2006

surpise visit


It has been a little while since i have written anything, mainly because much hasn´t been going on. Well a little bit has been happening. The military came in and took over our city two days ago. My boss told me to go home and stay in the house. I am thinking oh shit, what is going on. I found out that they are doing a house to house search. They finally get to my house later that evening and i am thinking of pretending I am not there. But i figure I haven´t done anything wrong so i open the door. Wrong move. They push through and start asking me questions about why somebody from the United States is living here. I try to explain but they are going through all my stuff. My landlady tells them to leave me alone, But they are literally trashing the place. They don´t find my money thankfully, But then they finally leave with the help of my landlady and we then clean up my place. Actually none of this is true. I really have not been doin much. I just wanted to keep this suspensful and interesting.
Really I have been playing soccer with my office, we are in a tournament with all the other government offices. Tonight we play in the final and i was told if we win tonight we win the tournament. Guess what the prize is. A case of beer. 2nd place is half a case, and third is a special prize which i´m sure is one beer to split between 8 people. And last night i ended up scoring 2 goals which was pretty awesome to do. Considering I am playing against all latinos and I am the only Gringo playing. But anyway I have also brought some southern culture down here. I am teaching a local lady how to cook BBQ. We are going to try and build a smoker out of old propane tanks and then she is going to sell the meat. I´ve been downloading recipes for her to use and found some remakable web sites on smoking. I think i might do the same thing when i come back and try to have some side work. but A special CONGRATULATIONS out to Lindsay in SC for the healthy birth of her wonderful new baby boy. But talk to ya´ll later, chow

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice Sledge,

You remember what happen to the boy who cried wolf? He got eaten. Anyway, that is much better than you deserve. Just kidding, it was funny. I'm glad to hear that the art of smoking is reaching out to new corners of the globe. That is the kind of cultural exchange we need. We are waiting for your next post, good luck in the soccer game.

Bob

July 20, 2006 12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha...i was like what? oh shit he didn't tell me about all that..i should have known :-P..soccer is cool i guess but don't you wish you were going to the baseball game with me tonite?? anyways Jacob says hello and i say i love you...and i will talk to you soon

July 20, 2006 3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should write a book. No maybe two books. One fiction and maybe a biography. You may turn out to be like Ernest Hemmingway. I guess you need to travel to Africa next. Guess what. They are repaving the track at Talladega. They will probably have 4 wide racing now. It sounds like you are doing well and I hope to talk to you soon. Went to see Mamaw this weekend for her 86th birthday.

Love
Dad

July 24, 2006 9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up Sledge I hope all is well. Sounds like you haven't lost your since of humor. I can hear your mom now...JONATHAN RAMSEY SLEDGE!!!... u know she was freakin out. If u need some help with smoking my dad and I just got one and you know how we do... don't forget that when you come back I'm taking you to bangkok haha

July 30, 2006 5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing I didn't read it before your Aunt Dianne told me about it. Marc is right I would have said Jonathan Ramsey Sledge and a few other things. Hope you liked our return story. Talk to you later. We had a great trip to Scotland. Love you, MOM

August 05, 2006 10:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I mean, what's a surpise anyway?

August 08, 2006 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home